"Reasons to eat carrots:
- Rich in beta-carotene, this is converted into Vitamin A in the liver which is essential for good eye health.
- That Vitamin A is also great for you skin and hair, and helps protect you from sun damage. Deficiencies of vitamin A cause dryness to the skin, hair and nails and premature ageing!
- The beta-carotene also acts as an antioxidant to cell damage done to the body through regular metabolism and can slow down the ageing of cells.
- Studies have shown carrots reduce the risk of lung cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer..
- Falcarinol is a natural pesticide produced by the carrot that protects its roots from fungal diseases and they are one of the best food source for us to consume this compound."